Apprentice Auto Technician
Car-On Auto are looking for car apprentices' mechanics!
- Perform diagnostics, repairs and maintenance on vehicles.
- Test all systems or components ensuring they are secure and working properly.
- Isolate the systems or components that might have caused the maintenance issue.
- Watch or inspect parts such as: hoses, belts, plugs, fuel systems, brakes, and other possible troublesome items.
- Review work orders and discuss with supervisor.
- Prepare estimate requirements.
- Inspect motor in operation, road test vehicles, and test systems and components using computerized diagnostics and other testing devices to diagnose and isolate faults.
- Adjust, repair, or replace parts and components including fuel system, brakes, steering and suspension, engine and drive train, emission control and exhaust, cooling and climate control, and electrical and electronic systems.
- Completion of dealership training during the course of your employment.
- A current Automotive Service Technician Trade Certification is required.
- A current G-class driver's licence with a clear driving history.
- Three years or more of experience in the field.
- The capacity to work quickly and cooperatively with others.
- Keep track of all maintenance, parts, and supplies utilized.
- Excellent attention to detail and time management abilities.
- A high level of motivation, energy and strong customer service skills.
- Keeps the work space secure.
WHY JOIN OUR TEAM?
- 13 bay shop with all the latest equipment, scanners & alignment rack.
- We do over 2000 safety inspections every year: brakes, front end, suspension and need techs to help us get the work through our shop.
- You will be guaranteed 44 + hours per week 52 weeks per year as we have never laid someone off on in over 20 years. This position includes great benefits and guaranteed income even during "slow times". If this sounds like the right opportunity for you, apply today!
$15/h - $25/h
Phil Adam, Hiring Manager